Join our busy Loan Department as a Mortgage Underwriter
Competitive pay, based on experience
Mon-Fri, no weekends!
Immediate temporary opening
- Review and analyze loan files
- Ability to analyze complex tax returns for mortgage loan purposes
- Efficiently manage pipeline of mortgage loans to ensure timely decisions.
- Ensure rate locks and purchase dates are met for residential mortgage loans
- Review declined loan files for exceptions and escalate underwriting exceptions when warranted.
- Monitor compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Review and decision low to mid level subordination requests.
- Work with branch representatives, account reps, and mortgage originators to ensure customer service
Requirements for the Mortgage Loan Underwriter:
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 5-6 years of experience in mortgage loan underwriting to include state agency and federal government programs.
- Knowledge with underwriting consumer lending products (equity lines and equity loans) in conjunction with mortgage.
- Understanding of loan origination process.
- Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge.
- FHA DE or VA LAPP certifications preferred .
- Working knowledge of industry standard loan operations system.