1st Shift Welders needed
Temp to Hire
$18.00 an hour
* Weld components in flat, vertical, and/or (overhead - rarely) positions in a progressive assembly line in a timely manner maintaining quality and accuracy of weld.
* Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
* Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
* Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools including (gas metal arc – primary), shielded metal arc, gas tungsten arc, flux-cored arc, submerged arc, electroslag welding.
* Weld separately or in combination, using (mild steel – primary), aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
* Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
* Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, consumable electrode wire and flux, according to welding specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
* Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
* Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained