Well established, small Meriden business is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper/Office Manager to join our Team!
Temp to Perm
The Bookkeeper/Office Manager will be responsible for:
- Handling cash, prepares bank deposits, and daily banking and account reconciliation.
- Accounts payable.
- General Accounting/Bookkeeping: general ledger, journal entries, account reconciliation.
- Accounts Receivable; Calling on collections.
- Answering phones/take and distribute accurate messages, perform Administrative tasks
- Providing customer service; confirming customer orders; keeping customers informed of order status, solve client issues as needed
- Track customer payments
- The Bookkeeper will also assist with human resources function, including payroll, new employee set-up, and weekly time and attendance
- Assist with Project Management, including scheduling and job costing·
- Orders offices supplies
The ideal Bookkeeper will have these skills:
Must have Bookkeeping and Office Management experience (min of 3-5 years)Proficiency in MS Office AND QuickBooks. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Self-motivated and self-directed individual with a focus on results and problem solving with strong decision-making skills. Attention to detail and follow-up, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task. Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills