Glass manufacturing company for the windows and doors industry seeking an Industrial Technician!
Shift: Monday to Friday - 4:00PM to 1:00 AM Flex for Overtime
Pay Rate: $18.00 Per hour/Temp to Perm/ 1 week training day shift
• Complies with all plant safety requirements, as well as other policies and procedures. Participates fully in the plant safety program.
• Uses all tools, materials, test equipment safely and efficiently. Is cognizant of personal safety and the safety of all others working in the vicinity.
• Performs PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) control level diagnosis by monitoring PLC programs and installs, calibrates, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs major electronic, electrical and mechanical systems and peripheral devices per manufacturer's specification.
• Reads complex electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics, electrical wiring diagrams and shop drawings for the purpose of installation, troubleshooting and repairing of major systems and minor subsystems and components.
• Troubleshoots and installs safety and motor starter control circuits.
• Troubleshoots, installs, and calibrates various instruments, including ultrasonic level transmitters, flow meters, pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, differential pressure transmitters.
• Basic computer familiarity.
• Read and use a tape measure preferred.
• Read and perform mathematical calculations and measurements with numbers, fractions, and decimals normally acquired through high school education or equivalency.
• Comparable experience in a manufacturing, or production facility is preferred.
• Must be punctual and able to work overtime as needed, including weekends.
• Ability to lift, bend, twist, walk, and reach frequently.
• Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. unassisted frequently.
• Ability to stand and walk on concrete floor for eight hours or more.
• Ability to wear company-issued safety shirt, hard hat, steel-toed shoes.