Westaff has a great opportunity for someone with Filing and Data entry experience.
This Office Assistant position is between 30 and 40 hours per week, depending on the workload (during the hours of 8am and 5pm M-F
Pay: $14/hour, Temp to Perm opportunity
The Office Assistant will:
- Check incoming paperwork (correspondence, invoices etc.) and make copies before distributing
- Sort all papers alphabetically and according to content, dates, significance etc.
- Create or update records with new files and information
- Store all paperwork in designated places securing the important documents
- Enter paperwork into an electronic system either by data entry or by using optical scanners
- Deal with all requests to access files and keep logs of borrowed papers
- Develop an efficient filing system to make updating and retrieving files easier
- Follow policies and confidentiality dictations to safeguard data and information
- Monitor inventory of files, paper clips etc. and report shortages
- Enter pertinent data into computer
- Match up invoices, proofread labels, and other basic clerical tasks as needed.
The requirements that we’re asking the Office Assistant to possess include but are not limited to:
Experience handling documents
Knowledge of filing systems
Good knowledge of MS Office and office equipment such as photocopier, scanner etc.
2-4 years of related office experience
Dependable with a respect to confidentiality and policies
Excellent organizational skills
Great attention to detail
Committed to working the hours they agree to upon hire