WESTAFF is actively recruiting for CNC Machine Operator 1 in the Durham, NC area with immediate openings
Pay: $17-$19.00 depending on experience
Hours: 7am-4pm Monday-Friday
Temp to Perm Opportunity
Job Overview: The CNC Machine Operator 1 will be responsible for producing machined parts by operating various equipment and computer numerical control (CNC) machines on the shop floor.
CNC Machine Operators Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to interrupt geometric dimensions and tolerances *GD&T)
- Verifies stock inventory by checking required stock dimensions and to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock, verify receipt of stock
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first run part, and 1st article work pieces, while adhering to all blueprint standards.
- Maintain specifications by observing all operations requirements included but not limited to milling, drilling, tapping, grooving and cutting, turning facing, knurling and thread cutting operations; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adhering to quality assurance procedures, work processes and best practice instructions.
- Works directly with Quality Control Dept. to insure constant and correct production workflow while maintaining all quality standards as started on blueprints and or work instruction
- Ability to read blue print
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to operate manual material handling equipment such as hand jacks, material dollies, and wheeled carts safely
- Must possess basic computer skills pertaining to CNC control
- Proficient skill level in mathematics, trigonometry
Education and Work Experience:
- Degreed or Tech School Certificate in Machining and 1-2 years experience in a CNC Shop Environment.
- High School diploma or GED with completion of MCS in house training, "Machine Center Setup and Operation" program thru CNC Concepts Inc.
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Vision, Dental & Retirement Saving Plans
- Permanent Opportunity
- Free online Skill Building Training
APPLY today for the immediate consideration for the CNC MACHINE OPERATOR 1 position.
Members of Military and Veterans are encouraged to apply!
PLEASE INCLUDE UPDATED RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION