Westaff is actively seeking Welders in Hamden
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Location: Hamden, CT
Pay Rate: $15-$22, Based on Experience
Position Summary: The welder is responsible for attaching pieces of material (steel, stainless steel, plastic) together using TIG and MIG welding.
Essential Functions Include:
- TIG and MIG welding and finishing to quality standards
- Fuse/weld plastic sheets and pipe by using multiple techniques (hot air welding, extrusion welding, butt and socket machine welding, etc.
- Ability to safely and effectively utilize hand welding tools, welding machines, power tools, hand tools, and fork lifts/scissor lifts.
- Aptitude to work at a constant pace to meet strict time constraints due to customer needs and satisfaction.
- Parts inspection
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Welding certificate for plastics and steel (preferred)
- Knowledge of welding, plastics, steel and custom fabrication
- Knowledge in mechanical, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical drawings and welding
- Weekly Pay, Including direct deposit
- Healthcare- including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Disability and life insurance plans
- Free online courses
- Opportunity for advancement
Military and Veterans are encouraged to apply!