Westaff is currently seeking Maintenance Technicians for an opening in Wallingford!
Job Tile: Maintenance Technician
Location: Wallingford, CT
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for supporting production by ensuring minimal downtime due to mechanical equipment malfunction.
- Safely operate all manufacturing equipment while understanding/following all OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory policies and procedures.
- Able to maintain Facility equipment by interpreting machine prints/schematics, both mechanical and electrical, as well as technical and machine manuals.
- Able to utilize computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) to log and track planned and unplanned preventative maintenance work.
- Capable of setting-up, troubleshooting, and repairing complex mechanically driven Extrusion Equipment.
- Able to read/interpret various instruments such as micrometers, calipers, electrical testing meters/equipment, tape measures, combination squares etc.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical malfunctions, equipment failures
- Must be safety conscious and understand/follow OSHA, EPA, and other regulation procedures
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- A High School Diploma is Required
- Mechanical Related Technical Certification or Degree Preferred
- Entry Level Industrial Manufacturing Trade Related Experience
- Weekly Pay, Including direct deposit
- Healthcare- including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Disability and life insurance plans
- Free online courses
- Opportunity for advancement
Military and Veterans encouraged to apply!