Maintenance Control Technician needed in Wallingford for a Manufacturing company in Wallingford!
Job Title: Maintenance Control Technician
Shift: Monday- Friday
Location: Wallingford CT
The Maintenance Controls Technician position is responsible for supporting production by ensuring minimal downtime due to Controls related malfunction.
TECHNICIAN JOB REQUIREMNETS:
- Administering planned and unplanned preventative maintenance
- Breakdown repair and upgrade measures on all Controls related equipment.
- Proper and in-depth documentation of all administered preventative maintenance and breakdown repair measures both planned and unplanned.
- Perform other Maintenance related functions including but not limited to piping, mechanical repairs, and maintenance of the buildings & grounds.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Safely operate all manufacturing equipment while understanding/following all OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory policies and procedures.
- Be a self-starter who can work in a fast paced/everchanging environment both individually and alongside a team of trained Mechanical, Electrical, and Controls Technicians.
- Able to maintain Facility equipment by interpreting machine prints/schematics, both mechanical and electrical, as well as technical and machine manuals.
- Able to utilize computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) to log and track planned and unplanned preventative maintenance work.
- Able to look up and place order requests for spare parts.
- Capable of setting-up, troubleshooting, and repairing complex electromechanically driven Extrusion Equipment.
- Have a solid knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, welding, fabricating, and shop tools (including Lathe and Bridgeport) to maintain and troubleshoot Facility related equipment both inside plant and along the grounds (including: Painting, Weeding, Snow Removal, Cleaning, Lighting, etc.)
- Fully understand and adhere to the ARC Flash and Electrical Shock Prevention policy.
- Knowledge of applicable NEC and NFPA codes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma is Required
- A trade school diploma/certificate or an Associate degree in electronics or electrical technologies is Preferred.
- Relevant trade experience can be considered in lieu of diploma/certificate/degree.
- 3-5+ Years of Industrial Controls Related Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
APTITUDES & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Must have a positive “can do” attitude and a sense of accountability; takes initiative
- Must be a fast learner, driven and self-motivated; strive towards continuous improvement
- Weekly Pay, Including direct deposit
- Healthcare- including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Disability and life insurance plans
- Free online courses
- Opportunity for advancement
Military and Veterans encouraged to apply!