Westaff is seeking to place a skilled Packaging Production Manager for a Packaging facility located in the Doral area for immediate hire!!
Shift: 7am -5pm Mon-Fri, flexible for overtime and weekend hours
Pay: $ 75-90K (depending on experience)
Direct Hire opportunity
Packaging Production Manager:
Job Description: The Packaging Production Manager is responsible for the oversight of machines and personnel associated with finishing activities including folding, gluing, waxing, stripping, and bundling.
- Coordinate activity to plan and manage shift work orders, ensure quality requirements, and assure an even flow of work through the department to increase up-time and minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Schedule work, coordinate production activities, provide direct oversight of employees, approve time records, communicate and implement company policy.
- Engage in employee development activities, make recommendations on employee hire, promotion, and disciplinary action.
- Maintain a clean, safe and injury-free work environment by ensuring health and safety procedures are understood and executed by all employees.
- Conduct employee training on all equipment, protocols, production standards, safety regulations and waste control on an ongoing basis. Ensure completion of departmental operations within guidelines of continuous improvement policies.
- Supervise efficient operation of equipment including the inspection of materials, products and equipment to detect and/or prevent malfunctions.
- Analyze fabricating performance, identify opportunities, make recommendations for process and equipment improvement, establish goals and execute strategy.
- Participate in production meeting and provide updates as needed. Verify the quality of the jobs and investigate any customer complaints regarding finishing quality
- Working knowledge of packaging production concepts, practices, and procedures including continual improvement processes and safety practices.
- Knowledge of the machinery, methods and procedures in the department under supervision.
- Working knowledge of packaging and production systems including shop floor software.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details, deadlines, and requests.
- Strong interpersonal/ Must be fully Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Permanent placement
- Health care coverage
- Personal time off and holidays pay
- Simple IRA