Do you have extensive experience as a tool maker? Westaff has a position available in Farmington, CT!
Tooling New Tool Responsibilities:
- Set-up & maintenance of new tooling including but not limited to first piece quality submission.
- Alert Supervisor when there is a conflict in scheduling – machine maintenance – tool maintenance on tooling projects.
- Assist in the standardization of tooling component inventory.
- Meet quoted tool / fixture / gage build cost.
- Assist as requested in the development of project / tool estimates (quotes).
- Assist in development & implementation of lean projects.
- Assist Managers as requested on all metal stamping and four slides programs.
Tooling New Tool Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years experience in the Set-up – Trouble shooting and Production of Progressive / / Compound & Secondary tooling.
- Ability to read - understand blue prints as needed for production manufacturing.
- Working knowledge and practical experience with the use of statistical process control in production environments.
- Working knowledge of ISO quality standards and practical experience with the use of statistical process control in a production environment.
- An understanding of Manufacturing Engineering - Quality Engineering - Knowledge of Lean manufacturing and its components (i.e. Kaizen, Kanban, SMED, 5S, etc.).
- Familiar with principles of concurrent engineering and design for manufacturing and assembly
- Experience with production standards, cost of quality and manufacturing methods.
Tooling New Tool Benefits:
- Weekly pay
- Permanent opportunity
- Health, dental, vision, and retirement saving plans
- Free Online Skill Building Training
Veterans and Members of the military are encouraged to apply!
Resumes and interviews required, apply now for immediate consideration!