Do you have experience as a Tool & Die Maker? Westaff has a position available in Farmington, CT!
Tool & Die Maker Responsibilities:
- Fabricate tooling as needed to meet production requirements.
- Set-up - Trouble shoot & Maintenance of Secondary Tooling including but not limited to First piece quality submission.
- Follow process for documenting Tool History and Set-up information
- Build secondary tooling for limited production runs.
- Fabricate fixtures – gages & open tooling as needed to meet low volume part production.
- Alert Supervisor when encountering any machine issues
- Assist in the Standardization of Tooling Component Inventory
Tool and Die Maker Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years experience in the Set-up – Trouble shooting and Production of Secondary Blank & Form tooling.
- Ability to read - understand blue prints (GDT) as needed for production manufacturing.
- Working knowledge and practical experience with the use of statistical process control in production environments.
- Working knowledge of ISO quality standards and practical experience with the use of statistical process control in a production environment.
- An understanding of Manufacturing Engineering - Quality Engineering - Knowledge of Lean manufacturing and its components (i.e. Kaizen, Kanban, SMED, 5S, etc.)
- Familiar with principles of concurrent engineering and design for manufacturing and assembly.
- Experience with production standards, cost of quality and manufacturing methods.
- Detail & Task driven work ethic.
Tool and Die Maker Benefits:
- Weekly pay
- Permanent opportunity
- Health, dental, vision, and retirement saving plans
- Free Online Skill Building Training
Members of the Military and Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Resumes and interviews required, apply now!