Contract personal care product manufacturer / formulator and packager is seeking a purchasing assistant.
Shift Mon – Fri 8:30 am- 5:30 pm O/T flex
Pay Rate Starts at $15/hr. or higher for the right candidate
• Assist the R & D lab by sourcing and requesting samples and documentation as new products are developed.
• Collaborate with new business development by sourcing packaging materials.
• Process orders from our customers as these move from development to production and identify our requirements for fulfillment.
• Manage inventory, assessing on hand materials and new requirements.
• Research raw material alternatives and new suppliers to cut costs and expand our supply chain.
• Issue and track purchase orders, communicating regularly with suppliers via phone and email.
• Provide schedulers with expected arrival dates for materials and advise of any potential delays.
• Communicate with our customer service team members to ensure they have all of the information and support needed to maintain our customers current on the progress of their orders.
• Release orders to our manufacturing and production teams as soon as possible
• 2+ years of experience working in a manufacturing/purchasing environment
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Competence in basic math functions
• Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
• Ability to analyze data, establish clear priorities quickly, and drive the decision-making process
Apply for immediate consideration