Park County is seeking a Human Resources/Legal Assistant to join their amazing team in Livingston, MT!
**TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter directly to Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 406-443-7169 for more information. Preference will be given to those who apply by October 30th, but this position will remain open until filled **
The HR/Legal Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the County’s human resource department and the County Attorney’s office.
HR aspect overview (60%): The position is responsible for professional level work in the administration of human resources including recruitment, compensation and benefits. Coordinates recruitment and selection of vacant positions and assists with writing/updating job descriptions. Evaluates and processes Workers Compensation claims and Employee Benefit changes. Reviews and complies with personnel policies and Union Contracts. Provides benefit program research, advisor for employees and Benefits recipients in regards to questions and programs.
Legal aspect overview (40%): this position will assist attorney(s) by providing clerical and research support services including document preparation and review; interviewing clients and witnesses; research, investigations, and fact checking; and trial preparation.
Compensation: $18-$22/hour DOE with raises available
Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday
Core Responsibilities of Human Resources/Legal Assistant:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Assists with posting new jobs, setting up interviews, setting pay rates and making job offers.
- Sets up new hire information in the Accounting system, retirement system and health system.
- Refers employee complaints or grievances to appropriate senior-level HR contractors/staff or management.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records
- Assists with payroll functions including validating payroll and answering employee questions.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors
- Conducts or assists Department Heads with new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, etc.
- Meets with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Drafts legal documents including routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and interrogatories; files motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written analysis to attorneys.
- Interviews clients and witnesses and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Assists attorneys with trial preparation, which may include attending trials and hearings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in related field preferred
- Prior related office experience required
- Legal office experience required
**TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter directly to Emma at email@example.com or call 406-443-7169 for more information**
Begin this amazing career opportunity in Livingston, MT- Apply today!
Military & Veterans encouraged to apply