Westaff is seeking to place a skilled Controller for the real estate/developer located in Miami for immediate hire!!
Pay between $80,000 and $100,000/yr depending on experience
Mid-size multi-family Development and Construction company seeks a Controller to join their organization in South Florida. The firm is a family owned real estate investment, development and property management firm with over 50 years of experience.
• Responsible for the preparation and monitoring of timely and accurate financial reporting (Internally & to external financial institutions), accuracy of accounting systems, job cost reports and applications for payment.
• Prepare, review and evaluate job cost information, including scheduling monthly job cost meetings with project managers and preparing a thorough review of the jobs
• Coordinate payables/receivables/job cost functions to allow smooth execution of respective duties and compliance with corporate objectives • Monitor cash collections from all sources (I.e., financing – internal or institutional).
• Develop policies and procedures on accounting, budgets, taxes, business planning and forecasting, financial reporting and performance measurement • Manage daily cash flow and develop and provide projections of revenue and cash flow to the President, COO/CFO, and others.
• Develop, implement and manage an adequate system of internal controls that provides for both the protection of assets and accurate financial reporting to the President, COO/CFO and others.
• Prepare and oversee month end closeout procedures to ensure compliance with company guidelines
• Maintenance of insurance/risk protection program
• Perform special assignments as directed by the President, COO/CFO and others.
• Establish efficiencies in systems/operating procedures
• In coordination with the Corporate Controller and advisors, coordinate annual outside CPA review of financial statements.
• Preparation of all state and local business/professional licenses
• Maintain professional relationships with vendors, subcontractors, financial institutions and other company personnel