Remedy Staffing seeking a Quality Inspector 1st shift (4/10 Schedule)
Company is in Wichita, KS – Urgent need!
Hours: 6:30am to 5:00pm Mon-Thursday with Friday OT as needed
The Quality Inspector will aid in the plant’s focus on Quality Assurance by inspecting in-process production units on the assembly line to ensure conformance to specification.
• Inspect in-process units against check sheets provided by the Quality department
• Report inspection results to internal and external groups and contain quality issues to minimize disruption to production.
• Conduct root cause analysis activities to determine causal factors for part/process failures using methodologies such as the “4-M” protocol (man, method, material, machine)
• Investigate root cause of findings; complete required process documents (HERCA) and assist in creating instructions or other documents to address quality issues.
• Apply World Class Manufacturing methodology to ensure continuous improvement, while meeting ISO standards.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 4+ years of experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend blueprints, instructions, and short correspondence memos
• Must be able to use inspection tools and gauges properly. Desired Qualifications:
• Strong communication skills with the ability to interface effectively across various groups and levels of management
• Maintain a professional demeanor and demonstrate integrity as a QA representative, using a data-based approach to issue investigation & treating colleagues with respect
• Strong, process-oriented background with ability to address issues in a logical, sequential, systematic manner • Basic computer skills including MS Office packages.
• Possess working knowledge and understanding of the CQA acceptance criteria & be able to communicate to plant floor operators this knowledge and understanding to ensure their understanding of the CQA process
• Proficient in the use of WCM quality tools and concepts.
4+ years of QC/QA
Background and Drug Screen
Able to work 4/10 schedule / Friday overtime