Medical Benefits Verification Specialist is responsible for working with insurance companies to obtain insurance verification data and pre-certification approval for admissions; maintains liaison with physicians and administrative staff. Coordinates all completed studies to make certain they are faxed to the referring physicians, interpreting physicians and the clinic.
- Verify patient medical insurance benefits through phone and online access of private insurance companies
- Determine insurance benefit compatibility with procedure/visits.
- Gather necessary information from clinicians for billing purposes.
- Complete data entry to document patients benefit coverage.
- Provide accurate, detailed insurance benefits to the requester and detail in the billing system.
- Maintain the professional image of the department and organization. Ensure optimal customer service with carriers, facilities, doctor offices, patients.
- All information must be kept in strict confidence and dealt with in professional manner.
- Stay current with new and emerging office technology.
- Other duties as assigned.