Do you have experience mixing chemicals or have a Biochemical degree? Would you enjoy ensuring that all chemicals are measured and mixed properly for machine operators to then utilize the materials?
Westaff is hiring a production technician to work for a manufacturing company in Avon CT that products adhesive graphic films, reflective materials and adhesive tape systems! The benefits to working with this company are endless!
Job Duties and Responsibilities of the chemical production technician:
- the use of liquid volume measuring devices, scales, mixers, thermometers, and materials handling devices.
- the use of personal protective devices including such things as safety shields, gloves, aprons, and disposable air purifying respirators.
- Conduct all operations in accordance with relevant ISO requirements.
- The Chemical Mix Technician may also be required to perform special investigations to assist in solving operational problems and to provide support to R&D personnel with mixing of experimental formulations.
- Heat, transfer, supply chemicals to support Manufacturing Departments as needed.
The ideal chemical production technician should have:
- Associate’s degree in a Scientific or technical related field.
- 2-5 years hand-on chemical mixing/storage/use experience and equipment
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Office) required.
- Hazardous Waste Training; including DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation, Hazwoper, Hazardous Handling, Hazard Communication.
- Weekly pay
- Health, Dental, Vision and 401K
- Free online skill building training
- Permanent Opportunity
Members of the Military and Veterans are encouraged to apply!