Westaff has an opening for a Full Time, Temp to Perm
Purchasing Department Assistant
General Hours – Monday – Friday 8:30a.m – 5:00 p.m. with flexibility to work additional hours
Position reports to: Purchasing Director
Position summary of the Purchasing Assistant:
- Perform administration functions in support of Purchasing Department staff
- Gather, monitor and prepare all paperwork for containers shipping from and arriving (includes import documents (if applicable), bill of lading, confirmations, arrival notices, etc.)
- Process all confirmations; gather and attach confirmations, confirming coding, pricing, quantities, descriptions, etc.
- Schedule daily pick-ups; contacts warehouses to confirm product availability, sets up appointments and pick-ups according to product availability and company need
- Process purchase order confirmations as received from suppliers; maintain ETA’s. Keep buyers apprised of issues
- Run daily excess-inventory report for monitoring by director and buyers
- Responsible for keeping purchase order files orderly and up-to-date; notifying buyers of any missing confirmations, late shipments, etc.
- Attend weekly Diageo conference calls on any order concerns/changes etc.
- Diver & JDE special project coordinator, upkeep of data integrity project (layer/pallet/weight, etc.)
- Update monthly freight log and provide reports as scheduled
- Monitor holiday purchase order lists (Seasonal)
- Perform daily receiving, pulling necessary paperwork in accordance with appointment schedule, verifying all orders are consolidated. Provide back-up as necessary
- Additional support duties as required