Westaff is seeking a Staff Accountant responsible for performing general and cost accounting duties and providing direction to managers and clerical accounting positions.
- Monday- Friday 8am-5pm
- $55-$60 K
- Provide assistance in closing accounting month end including recording general ledger journal entries, account reconciliations and generate/review P&L
- Manage Accounting staff including performance reviews and approve timekeeping
- Manage AR/Sales Invoicing, AR Collections and AP process including approval of AP invoices
- Inventory management including reconciling cycle count program and physical counts to insure accuracy of all inventories
- Develop reporting and understanding to explain key cost drivers; material cost, fixed and variable burden, labor, waste, etc.
- Develop reporting and understanding to explain key drivers of manufacturing efficiency, production recoveries, utilization, scrap, labor, and machine rates, etc.
- Develop and provide management reporting function for key manufacturing performance metrics and ad-hoc reporting requirements to help plant management make good business decisions
- Actively participate in oversight on cost reduction efforts by identifying, evaluating, and monitoring cost reduction programs and initiatives.
- Generate financial and operational reports for use by plant management team to identify variances and cost savings opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations within the department and the Company in an effort to communicate and facilitate understanding of day to day impact of financial impact on business
- Develop understanding of the plant operation, assist in the development of the annual budget and monthly forecasts
- Audit and control plant accounting process in line with appropriate accounting guidelines and Company policies