CIVIL CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK
The Civil Customer Service and Filing Clerk is responsible for assisting customers in person and via telephone concerning civil litigation files, as well as assist in filing civil documents and records. In order to be considered for this position, You must be a permanent resident of St. Tammany Parish.
- Answers public inquiries concerning court records at civil customer counter and assists telephone customer inquiries; processes civil record research requests.
- Provides copies and certified copies to customers and governmental agencies.
- Assists division teams with executing certified copies, conformed copies, and scanning.
- Maintains up-to-date Curator list and send out quarterly lists to Court.
- Enters evidence, creates confidential folders and volumes, as well as prints labels for all.
- Processes documents relative to court work, preliminary defaults, and Sheriff returns.
- Get in rotation with Civil Scanning/Filing team; Maintains all civil records by filing of all civil documents into suit file records and files civil files in the civil record room.