IT Systems Administrator, Hamden, CT
Westaff has an openings for a long-established manufacturing company with excellent longevity and growth opportunities!
Duties of the IT Systems Administrator are as follows:
- Active Directory administration including Group policy administration.
- Perform system administration of IT Infrastructure and systems to include installation, configuration, maintenance, patching, and back-up/restore. Assists with creating, editing, and managing changes to network or system access control lists. Assists with troubleshooting Infrastructure hardware and software when issues occur.
- Provides technical expertise for the following: O365, Active Directory/DNS, Security Certificates, VPN & firewall, networking
- Perform configuration of end-user workstation, software and peripherals, including onboarding and offboarding.
- Provide support, break-fix/hardware repair and troubleshooting of IT deployed equipment, PCs, Laptops, Mobile devices, servers, printers, phone systems and software installations via telephone, email, in person, or remotely.
- Track, accurately record, update documents and monitor service requests via Salesforce to ensure timely resolution; keep users informed of status.
- Administers e-mail and anti-virus systems; Works on establishing effective spam blockers.
- Provide reports using various tools on application response time and system up time
- Create and maintain documentation to be used both within the department and for deployment to end-users, in order to assist all users in the quick resolution of their incidents and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- Assist with creating training material including Learning Guides, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and business policies to streamline work approach.
- Maintain accurate inventory of hardware/software and service records, track changes
- Identifies core customer business issues and provides solution recommendations to address them.
- Identify process gaps and translate them into improvement opportunities
- Perform root cause analysis as a means of addressing data issues, cost savings, risk avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue-generating business benefits
- Escalate to others in the organization as needed to drive change
- Create dashboards and reporting via SQL, Crystal, Salesforce, Excel (or other systems as required) for internal customers on an ad-hoc basis.