Are you an experienced Fitter? Looking to get into a shop and out of the elements?
Are you looking for unparalleled opportunity with career advancement?
Are you a self-starter looking for a forward-thinking company focused on continuous growth?
Locally owner Global company looking for Structural Fitter for shop in Waggaman, LA to handle fabrication of stairs, platforms, handrails and guardrails.
- Read and interpret specifications and blueprints
- Perform simple to highly complex fitting and welding assignments according to blueprints and layout specifications
- Gather materials, set up welding equipment
- Lay-out, measure, position, align, and fit into place
- Perform GMAW welding function in all positions
- Use jigs and fixtures
- Check and inspect welds according to specifications
- Move material to next station or to store
- Perform general housekeeping/clean up in assigned area
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma, GED Equivalent, or Vocational School diploma
- Must be able to read and follow structural drawings
- Must be able to set up and operate GMAW equipment
- Ability to work in and maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using units of US currency, weight, measurement, volume, and distance
- Knowledge of all equipment and tools necessary to perform the duties required of a structural fitter
- Ability to operate material handling equipment to move and align materials
- Must be able to inspect finished welds to meet Quality Standards
- Must be able to perform the essential job requirements identified in the Functional Job Description for this position, including the ability to lift and move 50 lbs
- Experience working with the following equipment: MIG welding equipment, hand grinder, measuring tools, burning equipment, hammers, material handling equipment, saws, and other fabrication equipment
- Candidates will be required to pass a written fitter assessment and practical fitting/welding test