Requires basic machining knowledge in order to produce machined parts to specification in an efficient and timely manner. This job requires skills to achieve metrics set forth within a specified work group or team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Machine parts to specifications using documentation presented on routing/drawings and program hardcopy.
- Employ use of inspection methods to ensure the quality of production.
- Perform routine maintenance as described per daily machine checklist and adhere to preventive maintenance (PM) schedule to maintain optimum performance of machine.
- Ability to perform entry-level problem solving skills.
- Assumes responsibility for integrity of part by asking for assistance from Machinist 2 or Machinist 3
- Ability to run one to two machine types.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and understand basic blueprints.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with occasional or no variables.
- Ability to load and run machine.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize standard measuring equipment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Basic computer skills.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED). Six months to one year of experience.
Payrate: $16+/depending on experience
Shift: 2nd shift 2-1030pm
Work location: Manchester NH