Manufacturer of Radiation Measurement and Detection Devices in Meriden is Looking for an Experience Field Service Engineer!
Job Title: Field Support Engineer
Salary: $60K to $70K
- Conduct on-site installation of complex nuclear measurement equipment and systems, focusing on the setup/configuration of hardware and software, using established testing procedures and training to ensure proper function of system(s).
- Provide familiarization to the customer on system hardware/software and its basic modes of operation.
- Troubleshoot and isolate equipment malfunctions and take corrective actions, analyzing hardware or software issues.
- Work closely with Technical Support and Engineering to locate and correct system faults.
- Complete Field Reports and logs to ensure work performed is properly documented and all problems in the field are reported and addressed.
- Provide professional representation of the Company in all dealings with customer, creating a positive experience for the customer.
- Knowledge and proficiency of products such as High Purity Germanium (HPGe) Detectors, Sodium Iodide (NaI) detectors, and Alpha Beta Counting Systems
- Experience using Genie 2000, Apex Gamma, Apex In-Vivo, Eclipse, and Apex Alpha Beta.
- Database management experience using SQL Server, Crystal Reports and/or Access.
- Nuclear Physics and Radiation Principles knowledge and experience
- Understanding of Gamma Spectroscopy, Alpha/Beta Counting, and radiation detection principles a plus.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-3 years in a technical/customer service position. Must have excellent technical and customer relations experience to handle the diversity of systems and their applications.
- A.S. or B.S. degree in Electronics, Nuclear Engineering or equivalent preferred but not required. Some technical schooling along with 4+ years related technical experience may be substituted.
Company benefits available immediately upon hire!
Apply now for immediate consideration!