Diamond Construction is hiring Level II Carpenters!! Don't miss this amazing opportunity!!
Send Resumes to email@example.com
Pay: $15-$22 DOE
Summary of Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Shapes, cuts, measures materials using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
- Assembles and fastens materials using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, etc… using carpenter’s hand tools, and power tools.
- Installs structures and fixtures such as windows, frames, floorings, and trim or hardware.
- Removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structure and repairs or replaces them.
- Measure and marks cutting lines on materials using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Verifies trueness of structure using plumb bob and level.
- Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Assembles and fastens material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure using fasteners.
- Measures materials or distances using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
- Erects forms of prefabricated forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes using tools.
- Installs rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports.
- Anchors and braces forms and other structures in place using appropriate fasteners.
- Digs postholes and sets pole to support structure.
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to determine materials required and dimensions of structure or form to be fabricated, constructed, or erected.
- Reads work order or receives oral or written instructions from supervisor or customer.
- Complies with safe job-site conditions and wears PPE at all times.
- Shares responsibility for maintaining clean and secure work site.
- Relies on limited experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Works under general supervision – some creativity and latitude is required
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to determine materials required and layout.
- Estimates amount and kind of lumber or other materials required and selects and orders them.
- Can work under general supervision – left alone, can keep on task
- Is able to layout and build a set of stairs.
- Fills cracks and other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sands patch using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding tool.
- Finishes surfaces of woodworking or wallboard in houses and buildings using paint, hand tools, and paneling.
- Bores bolt holes in timber with masonry or concrete walls using power drill.
- Fabricates parts using woodworking and metal working machines.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education requirements.
Experience Requirements: 5 - 10 years as a Carpenter.
Tool Requirements: Applicants are required to have in their possession and maintain their own tools relevant to their job
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: good eye-hand coordination including usage of one or both left and right hands/arms to work bilaterally and/or independently to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects; normal or correctable to normal vision and hearing; ability to kneel, crouch, climb, balance, crawl, bend, stretch, twist, reach, stand, sit and walk on frequent basis; ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds on frequent basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- materials, methods, and appropriate tools to construct objects, structures, and buildings
- principles and processes for providing customer service and evaluating customer satisfaction
- design techniques, principles, tools, and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- machines and tools including their uses, benefits, basic repair, and basic maintenance
- determining kinds of tools and equipment needed to a job
- inspecting and evaluation the quality of products
- using mathematics to accurately perform calculations common to the construction industry
- basic reading, writing, and communications skills in the English language
- multi-task and prioritize duties in a fast-paced environment
- exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time
- imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged
- apply commonsense understanding to carry out oral and written instructions
- take and follow directions and feedback
- define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- operate successfully in a team environment
- develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org