Twister Machine Operator
GREAT temp to perm opportunity!!!! Prior textile production a PLUS!!!!!!!
Shift: 1st shift 7am-3pm Mon-Fri
Payrate: $14/hour Westaff pays every Friday!!
Work location: Merrimack NH
The Twister is responsible the safe, efficient operation of the Twisting machine which transfers filled spools of yarn to adjoining twister frame that twists two or more strands together to make thread for use in either beamer or weaving applications. Performs and operates job functions with safety, quality and efficiency in mind and in accordance with specific process sheets and operational parameters. The Twister has overall responsibility for the quality of the product they are production and must have excellent attention to quality in regards to the visual and weight aspects of the material being used and/or produced.
Demonstrates safety awareness and safe work practices
• Comply with Saint-Gobain safety rules, policies and procedures
• Follow internal environmental safety requirements for handling various raw/finished product/material in work area, as required
• Ensure personal protective safety equipment is worn and is in good repair, as required
• Ensure equipment and machinery are in correct and safe working order
• Safely operate powered and non-powered equipment and tools used in job functions
Safe, efficient operation of Twisting equipment to include:
• Follows work orders, process sheets, procedures, and /or other instructional documentation
• Perform machine set-up and strip down of all twisting equipment
• Pulls ends of yarn over rollers, through tension guides, traveler, or flyer, and laps yarn onto take-up spool.
• Sets controls on machines as needed
• Starts machine and patrols operation to detect malfunctions, fix defects (such as breaking) or replace exhausted supply bobbins
• Adjusts controls on machines, such as tension guides and speed to keep product within specifications
• Examines and inspects yarn for defects, dirt, and conformance to color and size specifications
• Tie in breakouts by hand
• Complete all paperwork associated with twisting process
• Removes (doffs) full spools from machine either manually or using lift assist tools