Westaff is looking for a PLC Programmer in the North Branford area!
Shift: 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
Pay: $26-30 DOE
PLC Programmer Responsibilities:
- Creation and testing of machine-specific control programs with the aid of standard modules (PLC, HMI, SCADA, process technology, etc.) for all machine areas and overall line competence of standard systems.
- Customize and test custom software solutions using test controls before implementation in existing machines at the customer.
- Creation of software design documents (SDS, flowchart, SCR, ...).
- Evaluation of alternative and replacement solutions for control and electrical components developed in collaboration with the electrical and design group.
- Creation of interface programs for third-party devices and SCADA systems using standard modules.
- Preparing a template for visualization and contribute to developing operator functions.
PLC Programmer Requirements:
- Must have a strong understanding of the electrical, mechanical, and software engineering principles needed to create and maintain automated processes.
- Experience reading and modifying electrical control schematics.
- Ability to interpret drawings, diagrams, and machine specifications.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to the automation field.
- Knowledge of ladder logic programming for various makers of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Proficiency in PLC networks, communications, and interfacing of various devices, both hardware, and software.
- Knowledge of servo motion controls systems and/or robot motion control.
- Knowledge of basic electrical concepts, such as PNP and NPN switches, AC and DC circuits, E-Stop circuits and stepper/servo motor function.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes preferred.
- Understanding of production machine and machine tool capabilities.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Proficiency with multiple manufacturers’ automation hardware and software.
- Knowledge of FDA regulated pharmaceutical manufacturing environments.
- Good understanding of cGMP requirements, change control, gown qualifications.
- Good health and physical ability is necessary to enter aseptic clean rooms.
- Travel to North American customer sites, complete background checks, drug, alcohol, and safety testing per individual client requirements.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid Driver’s License.
Westaff offers Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k plans!
Apply now for immediate consideration!