Manufacturer in Miami Lakes is hiring a Material Expediter to communicate with several departments in the production floor in order to speed up the Production Process. Key responsibility is to assure materials are delivered to production floor on time, and out to shipment on time.
Shift: Monday-Friday 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM (plus OT as needed)
Pay: $14 per hour
- Transport material from the warehouse, onto the production floor.
- Work with Planners to expedite the work orders through the production floor, from Warehouse Receiving, to Finish.
- Follow up on shortages in material.
- Collect and dispose of disposable material from the production floor.
- Coordinates materials to flow throughout the entire area.
- Continuously replenish the Production floor with material, preventing shortages.
- Communicates with Purchasing, QC, Warehouse and Manufacturing departments to address delays, and speed the production process.
- Great communication - Fluent in English & Spanish. Manufacturing/Production industry experience.
- Prior work experience in a similar role.
- Experience operating a Forklift is a plus.
- Capable of lifting items that weigh up to 30 lbs, and walking/standing for extended periods of time.
- Computer literate - capable of using computer applications.