Under the director of the Practice Supervisor, the Patient Access Team Representative will interview and collect patient demographic, and record it into the practice's EMR information system. Also responsible for distributing required patient information in a confidential manner, scheduling the appropriate tests, follow-up appointments, monitoring provider schedules, answering telephones and documentation in the EMR, ordering inventory and communicating with ancillary and clinical departments when necessary. Will also manage all referrals to specialty practices and obtain prior authorizations for insurance companies.
- Triage all in-coming telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner;
- Arrive patients for appointments and collect co-payments;
- Assist in maintaining provider schedules by scheduling patients into appropriate appointment time slots;
- Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments and follow-up on cancelled or missed appointments;
- Assist in ordering office supplies to maintain levels for effective operations;
- Schedule referral appointments and other services as ordered by providers while maintaining up-to-date knowledge of information required to process physician referrals;
- Assist in maintenance of medical records; including but not limited to filing documents received daily, faxing reports and correspondence as required in a timely manner. Complete request of information as received.
- Pick-up and distribute mail to appropriate person(s);
- Gather and maintain accurate statistical data as assigned;
Two years customer service experience or receptionist work experience required.
Ability to accurately type 30 words per minute required.