Westaff is currently seeking a machine operator for a Direct hire Role in North Haven!
Hours: 3rd shift 11pm- 7am
Pay Rate: $15- $25/hr
Purpose: Provides support in manufacturing operations and/or distribution centers including assembly, machinery, processing, packaging, and/or distribution of company products.
- Operates light duty bench or floor type machine tools and equipment such as small lathes, power mills, extruding machines, drills or punch presses, power brakes, shears or saws.
- May set up machining machines and make adjustments, and perform maintenance on machines. Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances. Some machines may be numerically controlled.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- May set up and operate automatic or semiautomatic machines and related equipment in a continuous production/processing operation. Reports any malfunctions or abnormalities in machines, with higher levels recommending and/or making adjustments to methods and processes.
- Machine operator may be involved in shipping, receiving, inventory control, or storage of products in distribution centers.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing position.
- Able to read a blue print
- Able to read a ruler
- Ability to understand basic math
- Ability to read and write in English
- Reliable transportation for third shift hours
- Previous experience operating a lathe machine
- Basic Operation of CNC machine.
- Experience Troubleshooting machines
Apply Today for Immediate Consideration!
This is a Direct hire role with access to company benefits upon hire!