Extrusion Machine Operator
Position Summary: Set-up and operation of extrusion machine to manufacture insulated cable products.
- Payrate: $17+/hour depending on experience plus a shift differential
- Shift: 3rd shift 11pm-7am Sun-Thurs
- Work location: Manchester NH
- Responsible to meet production standards by performing quality checks, in accordance with ISO procedures and following Process and Manufacturing specification sheets
- Troubleshoot manufacturing process, meeting production schedules and customer deadlines
- Measure extruded items for conformance to specifications
- Communicate and work closely with fellow operators and supervisors to coordinate tasks, discuss production problems, and exchange information to produce quality products
- Observes safety procedures and uses equipment and materials properly
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and machines, including utilizing Jet Printers to print cables according to specifications
- Subscribes to and practices 5S principles, procedures, and guidelines
- Work a full time shift schedule with regular attendance and ability to work overtime as needed
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail is required in machine operation to minimizing scrap.
- Ability to work with a variety of cable and wire products
- Familiarity with frequent change-overs and handling of different compounds and wires in order to produce made to order and high quality products
- Possess reading and comprehension skills to read, follow and understand written and verbal procedures and instructions in English, including manufacturing specifications
- Log written data as required in legible format
- Good math skills and above average mechanical aptitude necessary.
- Hands-on experience using micrometers, calipers, gauges, and other measuring devices