Westaff in Saint Louis is hiring Tig Welders for a manufacturer in North Saint Louis
Westaff is currently hiring for Tig Welders in the North Saint Louis area. This is a first shift position with potential for hire for the right candidate!
Hours will be from 6am-4:30pm with potential for overtime that typically includes Saturdays
Pay is based on experience between $16-17 an hour.
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Selecting welding procedures best suited for materials and project
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and process sheets
- Inspect all products for Quality
- Completing scrap and rework reports
- Fits-up jobs in welding fixtures and jigs. Ensures proper alignment and dimensional specifications are held
- Displays a sense of urgency towards completing assigned tasks
- Maintain outstanding attendance
- Ability to read and interpret complex drawings/blue prints.
- A sound and thorough knowledge of welding technology, equipment types, purposes and applications, material characteristics and basic metallurgy.
- Knowledge and skill in MIG and TIG welding, as well as basic fabrication machines.
- Ability to weld a variety of materials, especially stainless steels, in all positions.
- Must be able to work to a high-quality level with attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in non-climate controlled environment
- Comfortable submitting to drug and background screens for hire
- Previous experience in TIG welding required
Qualified candidates apply now!