Armor Utility Machine Operator
As an operator you will perform set-ups, changeovers and run both a stranding and colorizing machine to support fiber optic cables.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
• Responsible to meet production standards.
• Ensure both process and manufacturing specification sheets are adhered to.
• Follow established quality standards by performing quality checks in accordance with ISO procedures.
• Responsible for setting up and tearing down the Stranding line and colorizer machine correctly.
• Responsible to measure insulated fiber legs, select closing dies, yarns, tapes and reel sizes.
• Responsible for selecting inks and fiber to set up the colorizer.
• Work with power switches, run controls and tension settings.
• Must complete written production paperwork neatly and legible.
• Maintain cleanliness of machines.
• Observes all safety procedures and uses equipment properly.
• Subscribes to 5S principles, procedures, and guidelines.
• Work a full time shift schedule and overtime as needed while maintaining regular attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Reading english and understand written manufacturing specifications and process sheet instructions.
• Oral and written communication skills to keep co-workers and supervisors up-to-date.
• Good math skills and above average mechanical aptitude necessary.
• Attention to detail is required in machine operation to minimize scrap.
• Familiar with fiber materials.
• Ability to enter data into a computerized system.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
• Hands on experience and knowledge using micrometers, calipers, verniers, and other measuring devices.
• Read and interpret gauges, dials and equipment controls.
Payrate: $16.75/hour Westaff pays every Friday!!!!!!!!!
Shift: 3rd shift 11pm-7am Sun-Thurs
Work location: Manchester NH