Westaff is currently seeking a shipping and receiving clerk!
1st shift 7am-4pm Monday- Friday
Pay range: $14- $16/hr based on experience
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for reviewing and filling out shipping paperwork and ensuring the correct items are shipped out to customers. This role is also responsible to support warehouse operations by receiving incoming material, counting and inventorying items, and receiving and checking the contents of packages against packing lists and manifests.
· Utilize computer hardware and software to generate labels, pick orders, and pack orders.
· Use pallet jacks, hand trucks, roller ladders and fork lifts as needed.
· Ensure that products processed for shipping are delegated to correct courier.
· Assist in incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and conditions of shipments.
· Post weight and shipping charges – generate freight quotes for customer service.
· Assist workers in day to day shipping and receiving activities.
Westaff offers Weekly pay and Free online classes to advance your career!
Apply today for immediate consideration!
· 2 years of warehouse experience (preferred)
· Familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word
· Knowledge of weight scales
· Familiar with pallet jacks
· Safe handling of and experience with hand trucks and roll ladders
· Fork lift certificate (preferred)
· High school diploma (required)
· Must be able to safely operate a forklift, hand truck, roller ladder and pallet jack.
· Must be able to lift 15 lbs. unaided
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time
· Must be able to walk and be on feet 85% of the day
· Must be able to type, bend and reach