Full Time Night Machine Operator
Operate knitting machines according to quality standards and operating procedures. Ensure quality by comparing spec sheets and raw materials for compliance. Respond to machine error lights and perform appropriate repairs.
Schedule: Sunday to Thursday, 11pm to 7am, with the possibility of overtime
Rate of Pay: $16.80 per hour (Includes Shift Deferential)
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Ensure product quality by inspecting item on each machine on a regular basis.
- Recognizing defects and taking action to rectify the issue.
- Maintaining the machine target of 85% efficiency by addressing error lights and performing repairs as quickly as possible.
- Ensure that the correct yarns are on machines according to the Spec Sheets.
Key Responsibilities of The Job
- Check quality for defects and compare production to sample.
- Make sure the spec sheet, production ticket, and program match.
- Monitor the yarn supplies for each machine regularly, and ensure that runouts and downtime are kept to a minimum.
- Re-thread machines quickly and accurately to minimize downtime, and notify a technician of machine problems when appropriate.
- Be on the Set at all times, unless assigned other tasks by the Shift Supervisor.
- Complete production reporting as needed, e.g. production tickets and machine counts.
- Follow all safety regulations and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Demonstrate teamwork by communicating with incoming shift about product quality, machine issues, and any other important information.
- Treat all co-workers with respect, honesty, and flexibility.