A reputable company in East Hartford is looking for someone to join their team in the plating department. This is a manufacturing company that manufactures products for medical and industrial companies.
Employees get a 45 minute lunch break (.50 hour unpaid, .25 hour paid) and a 15 minute break in the morning.
Objectives and Functions:
The Plating Technician is responsible for all aspects of the plating operations, for the safe operations of the affected equipment, and for any operator maintenance functions required for the operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a proficiency in plating all ceramic materials including the processes of mixing electroless-plating chemicals.
- Become proficient in the handling of ceramic product and chemical materials required for electroless nickel and gold plating.
- Develop the ability to prepare and maintain all tanks and baths necessary for the plating operation.
- Maintain daily shift reports for productivity and, upon order completion, advance to the next operation.
- Report any supply shortages to the Supervisor as required.
- Follow proper safety rules and procedures, wear proper safety equipment, and report any unsafe conditions to supervisory personnel immediately.
- Support and ensure compliance of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare finished product for shipment.
May be required to work overtime as needed.
May be assigned other duties and responsibilities to fulfill the business necessities of the department.
Minimum educational requirement - high school diploma.
3 - 5 years' experience in a plating/machine operating environment preferred.