Westaff is looking for an experienced CNC Machinist in Portland, CT!
Shift: 7am- 3:30pm
Pay: $18-$24 based on experience
*Possible overtime before shift and on Saturdays.
CNC MACHINIST DUTIES:
- Operate computer numerical control (CNC) and other manufacturing machines to produce machined parts, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records and maintaining equipment and supplies
- Planning production by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- CNC Machinist will ensure proper dimensions and tolerance levels for the finished product
- CNC Machinist will measure dimensions of the finished product to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates and fixtures
- Troubleshooting malfunctions when possible and altering the appropriate personnel when necessary
- CNC Machinist will regulate machining by utilizing instrumentation knowledge, including setting and adjusting controls
- Meeting production deadlines
*We welcome Veterans and Military to apply!*
CNC MACHINIST EXPERIENCE:
- At least 4-5 years of CNC operation experience.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. GD&T knowledge.
- Ability to use measuring equipment – calipers, micrometers, height gauges, indicators, depth gauges, & size blocks.
CNC MACHINIST SKILLS:
- Must be accurate, detailed oriented, and quality conscious
- Excellent communication skills
- Process Improvement
- High school or equivalent