Do you like working with your hands, using hand tools and doing basic carpentry work? If so, this position would be perfect for you!
Location: Leominster, MA
Schedule: 1st shift | 6am - 2:30pm (OT as needed) | Monday - Friday
- Assist in Quality Control, learning construction, reading labels, how to identify defects.
- Read and understand production tickets and labels.
- Work with Scheduling and understand the flow of all production paperwork.
- Assist door pickers with pulling slabs for orders.
- Assist with Interior and Exterior jamb and frame prep, learning material prep and sequence of work orders to lines.
- Assist in bracing and packaging practices for all departments.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and safely use basic hand tools and the use of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Learn to perform small repairs such as: Touch up with caulking, spackle, bondo.
- Sandpaper smooth, paint or prime.
- Remove and replace casing, stops, hinge and strike side jambs.
- Change out hinges.
- Change out door slabs.