Westaff is seeking a Maintenance Associate in New Haven area!
The company is relocating to Wallingford by September 2019
Hours: 7am or 8am start time and 3:30 to 5:00 End Time.
Direct hire $15- $18/hr
POSITION SUMMARY & FUNCTIONS:
This company is looking for someone with experience doing machine maintenance, such as diagnosing CNC machinery problems, using previous knowledge to troubleshoot, and performing simple maintenance. EXPERIENCE IS A MUST with this position. Basic shop math, understanding of hand tool usage, and proper interpretation a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open and prepare facility daily
- Police company grounds for litter and weather associated conditions; assist with snow removal, sanding and salting.
- Assist Facility Manager with projects and repair work.
- Maintain work areas and job sites in a clean and orderly condition.
- Check emergency lights and exit signs and change light bulbs as needed.
- Use a variety of hand tools and materials handling equipment; use measuring instruments including scale, micrometer, and verniers as necessary.
- Detect and report defective materials and/or shortages and unusual conditions to Manager. Maintain good housekeeping. Observe and comply with all safety rules and regulations.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 1-3 year’s related experience specific to maintenance activities. High school diploma required. Must also possess valid driver’s license.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to use hands and fingers.
- Work is not sedentary; the individual is regularly required to move about manufacturing areas.
- Moderate physical demand, frequently moving (40% and up to 70%) moving average material (over 25lb. and up to 60% lbs.) or occasionally (over 15% and up to 40%) moving heavy weight material (over 60 lbs) with assistance or mechanical devices.