WESTAFF is hiring for a DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST position for a reputable company in Lafayette, La.
The candidate must be PROFICIENT in Microsoft Excel!
- Responsible for all aspects of document control, including representation, retrieval, distribution and storage of engineering drawings and documents
- Maintain familiarity with customer specifications while reviewing, maintaining and revising databook contents by coordinating with the appropriate personnel to ensure final/approved documentation is included, accurate and presentable prior to issuing to the Project Manager
- Provide support to the Project Staff including receiving, logging, filing, tracking, expediting, and distribution of correspondence, submittals, RFI’s, and other Construction Project Controls/Quality Control documentation
- Confer with document originators and/or engineering liaison personnel to resolve discrepancies and compile required changes to documents
- Review, process and submit vendor required documentation as outlined by the project specifications
- Maintain and update databases through the use of various websites to submit electronic files
- Help to ensure the writing, editing, reviewing and approving of documents in a timely manner to meet established deadlines
- Expedite purchase orders as instructed by project managers
- Maintain expediting report in order to keep project managers appraised of current order status
- Receive, print, and organize customer Request for Quotations(RFQs) from Manager
- Perform additional duties as requested.
IF YOU HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE IN THE JOB DUTIES LISTED ABOVE, WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU TODAY!