Seeking an Cancellations Clerk that will be responsible for accurately cancelling mortgage encumbrances (mortgages, liens, and judgments) in the public records. Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Must Be a permanent resident of St. Tammany Parish *
- Help assist opening the mail in the morning.
- Assist walk-in customers with canceling mortgages, liens, and judgments.
- Answering telephone calls to assist with canceling documents and/or research on canceling a document.
- Accuracy in properly guiding a customer with the different options to cancel a document.
- Reading the documents thoroughly to understand the proper processing of the request.
- Reviewing your work properly before canceling to assure accuracy.
- Help review and cancel from the daily Instrument Search Result sheets.
- The ability to be able to multi-task.
- Strong ability to stay organized and orderly.
- Willingness to cross-train in various departmental jobs.
- Willingness to work on election dates whether it is a Tuesday or Saturday (4 per year).