Local Shreveport company is looking for Mechanical Assembler I Builds and assembles custom engineered machinery. Utilizes supplied mechanical schematics to carry out the mechanical assembly, wiring, and plumb pneumatic/hydraulic components. Pay depends on experience.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Performs complex and advanced assembly of any of the company product to the highest of quality standards and with limited to zero scrap or rework according to established specifications and instructions.
- Performs assembly of various sub-components and processes of building machine including but not limited to: hydraulics, keyways, torque, wiring, and alignment
- Follows written work instructions and schematics to ensure quality and consistency in product build
- Identifies components and the subsequent operation of component on products manufactured
- Performs final assembly activities such as cleaning, lubricating, drills and taps holes in specified locations for mounting control units
- Monitors the functioning of equipment; troubleshoots and resolves issues after consulting with Supervisor.
- Asks questions when instructions are not understood or clear
- Exhibits quality workmanship by achieving production times within quality limits and conduct troubleshooting.
- Assists any assembly project or manufacturing process as needed
- Utilizes safely various hand and power tools to include but not limited to: pliers, screwdriver, wrenches, ratchets, punches, drills, wire stripper, pneumatic air guns
- Utilizes appropriate jigs, fixtures, machines and test equipment to accomplish duties
- Safely use carts, dollies and hoists to move products / parts
- Any reasonable and safe task assigned
- 3 – 5 years of experience with hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Knowledgeable in DC based electrical systems and ability to do overall diagnostics on equipment would be an asset
- Hands on troubleshooting, repair, adjustment, overhaul, and maintenance of heavy equipment
- Truck and trailer experience would be an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Willing and able to work overtime