Local Shreveport company is looking for a Mechanical Assembler III who assists with assembling custom engineered machinery. Takes direction from Supervisor utilizing supplied mechanical schematics to carry out the mechanical assembly. Pay will be based on experience.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Performs pre-assembly activities drills holes in specified locations for mounting control units, ensures all parts/components are ready
- Performs assembly of various components on machinery as instructed
- Performs final assembly activities such as cleaning, lubricating, installing various parts/components (i.e. seats, flaps, rollers, etc.) as instructed
- Follows work instructions to ensure quality and consistency in product build
- Operates safely various power tools and hand tools to include but not limited to: power drill, pneumatic tools, wrenches, screwdriver, ratchet, and wire stripper, etc.
- Assists Assembler I or Assembler II as needed
- Exhibits quality workmanship by achieving production times within quality limits
- Safely use carts, dollies and hoists to move products / parts
- Asks questions when instructions are not understood or clear
- Any reasonable and safe task assigned
- 3 – 5 years of experience with hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Knowledgeable in DC based electrical systems and ability to do overall diagnostics on equipment would be an asset
- Hands on troubleshooting, repair, adjustment, overhaul, and maintenance of heavy equipment
- Truck and trailer experience would be an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
- Willing and able to work overtime
Apply Now For This Opportunity At www.westaff.com.