Hiring an Avionics Technician to work at an Aviation Repair company close to Miami International Airport.
Shift - M-F 7 am-3:45 pm (some OT, weekends)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot and determine failures to the component level using schematics, CMM’s, EO’s, Airline Tech Doc’s, with standard shop tools and specialized electronic instrumentation or test equipment
• Test, inspect, troubleshoot, repair and modify a variety of Avionics electronics and Aircraft electrical systems components/ accessories to MFG specifications. Required Skills/Qualifications:
• Two-year degree or certificate from an accredited two-year college, university or technical school in electrical repair or acft. avionics maintenance (if in process then include graduation date and current GPA), or show equivalent military training certification/ experience.
• 2 year experience directly related to the field of avionics or electrical, bench-level component maintenance.
• Ability to solder and de-solder electronic components including surface mounted devices. • Has familiarity using multi-meter, oscilloscope, function generator, 3 phase power supply’s, etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of digital and analog electronics, as well as experience using PC Based test equipment.
• Ability to switch between tasks, while working within time sensitive /critical environment.
• Ability to read, understand, and communicate in English, as well as with aviation technical documentation.
• Requires the ability and/or willingness to work days, extended shifts and weekends.
• The ideal candidate is motivated, tenacious, self-starter and must be able to work under minimal supervision.