Seeking an Purchasing Procurement Clerk that will have the responsibility of purchasing office goods, office equipment and other supplies required by the organization. The Purchasing Procurement Clerk will also perform a wide variety of assignments in support of property management and maintenance.
Must reside in St. Tammany Parish and meet the qualifications to apply for this position.
- Receives supply requisitions from all department Supply Captains, keeps and monitors several well-stocked supply closets.
- Places orders for supplies and equipment under well-defined specifications and standards.
- Researches and obtains competitive quotes and product specifications to assure the most economical price consistent with quality and vendor performance records.
- Coordinates product availability and delivery with vendors and department heads.
- Receives invoices, reviews for accuracy, coordinates payment terms with Finance team.
- Provides cost estimates for purchases to the Finance Department for upcoming fiscal year budget preparation.
- Communicates with Parish Justice Center building maintenance employees by submitting Work Orders for maintenance, cleaning and repairs.
- Maintains records of annual maintenance contract renewals with vendors for equipment
- Writes Requests for Proposals (RFPs) that adhere to government procurement rules.