Westaff is currently hiring for a Shipper Picker for a company in the Middletown, CT area.
The Picker is responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the shipping area in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security, and productivity. The Order picker is responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled.
- Pick assigned customer orders
- Fill and complete customer orders in containers and shipping boxes
- Perform quality checks to identify and replace damaged materials
- Label or mark containers with identifying information such as customer name and shipper #
- Operate RF scanners to accurately fill orders and effectively manage inventory
- Fill customer order according to size, quantity, and quality specifications
- Adhere to health and safety policies when performing picking assignments
- Carry out loading and unloading of material orders and shipment
- Operate lift truck or JLG’s to move/pick orders to the shipping staging area
- Safely utilize forklifts and JLG’s to move warehouse materials according to proper safety instructions and as directed
- Follow scheduled assigned clean up duties
- Completed High school or GED
- Analyzing information, Inventory control, Lifting
- Organized, manage time effectively, Safety
- Responsible, Productive, Friendly, Detail-oriented, Creative, Committed, Collaborative, Adaptive
- ERP and RF equipment, lift equipment, shipping/receiving/packaging
Required to stand for extended periods of time
Lift heavy objects on a regular basis, must be able to lift 50lbs.
Operate of forklifts and cherry pickers