Westaff is hiring for a Production Planner for a manufacturing company located in Cheshire, CT
This is a 1st shift position with a starting salary of around $45,000 depending on experience!
Job Requirements for the Production Planner:
- Position requires a thorough knowledge of product lines, part numbers, inventory control procedures and manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for the maintenance the Data-Base (with regard to BOM’s) and the proper application of methods to insure the integrity of “perpetual” inventory records. Periodically review ORP’s and EOQ’s in order to promote plant efficiency.
- Issue work orders to the shop floor and coordinate Customer and Sales request/needs with Manufacturing/Operations Manager in order to meet delivery requirements on a timely basis.
Responsibility for the maintaining inventory of:
- Raw Metals (except precious metals)
- Semi-Finished Inventory
- Finished Inventory
- In order to meet customer demands, consistent with established guidelines – including the coordination of outsourcing operations with Purchasing personnel in order to meet schedules without allowing extraneous levels of inventory to develop.
- As required, expedite and follow up on all products in WIP, or other manufacturing holding areas; notifying appropriate supervisory personnel where action is deemed necessary to ascertain product meets delivery requirements.
- Maintain work area in a neat, orderly condition. Follow prescribed OSHA, DEP regulations and Company policy with regard to personal safety, the safety of others and the handling of regulated materials. Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Westaff offers benefits such as medical, dental, and free online classes.
Apply now for immediate consideration!