Reporting to the Plant Manager and working under the guidance of the Senior Automation Engineer the Automation Engineer will provide daily support for the manufacturing plant. This individual will be a critical part of the site technical team responsible for ensuring the plant is capable of meeting scheduled demands and serve as the subject matter expert for all automation related items.
- Actively assists manufacturing in troubleshooting with regards to the automation and control system
- Develop and maintained code and system architecture
- Maintain system security, revision control and documentation
- Assist in the validation of process and facility automation
- Develop and execute test plans for facility and processes changes
- Comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
- Must have good attendance and safety record.
- Accurate and timely completion of required documentation to enable clear traceability.
- Communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes.
- Maintain inventory of all necessary machine parts and maintenance supplies as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Any other tasks deemed reasonable and reasonably requested by management.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment and knowledgeable in food safety (SQF) requirements and current good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Strong working knowledge of instrumentation including but not limited to temperature transducers, pressure transducers, motor controls, and proximity switches
- Working knowledge of applicable NEC and state codes
- Experience in change management processes
- Self-motivated and willing to complete complex projects
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering and 3 – 5 years of industry experience directly supporting manufacturing processes
Or equivalent work experience supporting manufacturing processes in an automation role
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work environment consists of elevated temperature and noise levels
Work around potentially hazardous chemicals including caustics and acids
Must be comfortable working in a regulated environment requiring clean room gowning
Must be able to be on feet for a majority of day
Must be able to lift 30 pounds
Must be able to wear applicable PPE as required