Production Manager, Southington, CT
Full time, Permanent position
Openings on 1st and 3rd shift- OT and weekends required as needed
Pay is based on experience
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES for the PRODUCTION MANAGER
We are seeking an energetic and dependable employee to manage and oversee press forging operations with overall responsibilities for hourly employees. The position requires organization, implantation and staffing for daily operations and projects relevant to the manufacturing area. Position requires the leadership skills necessary to help in defining, communicating and implementing the safety, production and quality goals and objectives of the Company.
- Support ISO 9001:2008 and ISO/TS 16949:2009 initiatives
- Planning, directing and monitoring the daily operation of the Press Shop efficiently, on time and in compliance with policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Inspection of forgings to ensure the quality requirements are met.
- On the job training for current and future Press Shop workforce to ensure qualification of positions are sufficient to maintain necessary production capabilities and maintaining records of such training.
- Troubleshoot production problems and resolve for present and future runs.
- Promote and enforce safety on a plant wide basis.
- Encourage an attitude for continuous improvement from all employees.
- On the floor supervision of workforce, monitoring quality of product and evaluating and assisting in improving production efficiencies.
- Perform and record dimensional checks on production parts.
- Keep track of hours for employees and job for production, set-up and downtime periods.
- accident investigation forms
- Work with Maintenance department employees to reduce downtime and schedule planned activities to ensure production capabilities.
- Promote, develop and train personnel to ensure their qualifications and skills are sufficient to maintain necessary production capabilities and meet established job classifications.
- Maintain high business ethics and supervisory standards.
- Support and promote safety within department and on a plant wide basis. Conduct daily safety walk around inspections and enforcement of machine operation, related safety, and work rules.
- Provide leadership necessary to achieve production goals, implement company policies as well as promote and carry out company and/or department initiatives and/or directives provided. Support company management team members.
- Keep Director of Operations and other personnel, when necessary, aware of pertinent issues, information, etc. warranting their knowledge, action and/or resolution.
- Ensures proper data base/records management systems and files are maintained and backed up for areas of responsibility.
- Promote and maintain a flexible, cooperative, team oriented and customer focus within and between departments, vendors and customers.
- Write up and stage dies in need of repair
- Seek continual improvement in all areas assigned and implement those improvements.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS for the PRODUCTION MANAGER
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5+ years in
- Previous production supervisory experience preferred, with two to five years of manufacturing experience preferably in forge and/or heavy manufacturing industry.
- Able to work flexible hours required for fulfilling job duties and responsibilities and different shifts as needed by the Company, which includes working 9 to 10 hours per day or as long as it takes to get a job done, early shifts and weekends.
- Excellent mentoring, staff development and training skills.
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, team, goals and results oriented.
- Project a positive business image, lead by example, be a team player, work under minimal guidance/direction and be a self-starter.
- Basic PC and computer proficiency related to position, which includes Microsoft Business Office product, basic spreadsheets, word documents, e-mail, department programs and related company systems.
- Able to work in a varied, fast-paced, changing environment and accept change positively.
- Able to deal effectively with strong personalities and difficult situations and challenging people found within a production and union environment.
- Able to meet and maintain position productivity and quality requirements.
- Able to meet and maintain company attendance expectations.
- Able to write and issue written memos, instructions, processes and procedures.
Maintain confidentiality. Able to handle information in a confidential need to know basis only